Why does Orchestrator upgrade or installation fail with error "CREATE INDEX statement failed because a columnstore index cannot be created in this edition of SQL Server" .
Issue Description: During the Upgrade/Installation of Orchestrator, Installer will toss error "CREATE INDEX statement failed because a columnstore index cannot be created in this edition of SQL Server"
- Check if Insights is enabled during the Installation/Upgrade of the Orchestrator
- Check the Version & Type(Enterprise, Business Intelligence, Standard, etc.) of the SQL Server being used - Orchestrator Software Requirements .
Resolution: If considering installing Insights(https://docs.uipath.com/insights/docs/overview),
- Make sure that the database supports both columnstore indexes and JSON functions
- If using a SQL Server version older than 2016, then make sure to use the Enterprise Version. SQL Server Standard edition does not support columnstore indexes. From the version comparison.
- SQL Server 2016 with Service Pack 1 now allows columnstore indexes to be created across all editions. See Editions And Supported Features Of SQL Server 2016 for further details.
If not considering installing insights:
- Cancel the error pop-up
- Go back to previous windows from the installer
- Disable Insights Product Feature option and proceed with the installation.