When trying to migrate existing form etc to UiPath Forms one eventually comes around the HTML element in the Form Designer.
Unfortunately there are serveral issues with it that are not or very sparsely documented.
- Create a new “Create Form Task” Activity and open the Form Designer
- Advanced -> HTML Element -> Drop it into any of those columns of the preconfigured table
- Edit the HTML Element and put in some basic HTML Code
simpleForm.html (841 Bytes)
- Take a look at the preview, looks alright.
- Save and run. Go to your Action Center, you’ll see the form in the unassigned tab:
- Looks nice.
Now… Imagine you don’t want to use the weird table thing, why would you.
- So you move your HTML Element out of the table and delete the table.
- Check preview: Looks even better than before.
- Save and run:
ERROR: Invalid form layout Error code: 2403
Why? Does a HTML element a wrapper of some kind? How would one know this? There’s nothing in the documentation about this.
The HTML Element is such a huge feature to create good looking forms and yet there’s barely any info on how it works or what you can do with it.
I’ll continue experimenting with the HTML element and add new findings to this post but I’d love to hear your opinions and experiences with the Form Designer and especially the HTML element.