Coversion Error

Hi Team,
when i try to convert a particualr column value to string i am getting error saying
“Compiler error(s) encountered processing expression “row(Fisrt). ToString”. Option Strict On disallows late binding.”

@RaviTejaKuna try like below once.

Convert.ToString(row(Fisrt))

i am still getting the error saying Compiler error(s) encountered processing expression “convert.ToString(row(First))”.
Option Strict On disallows late binding.

@RaviTejaKuna
Could you please upload your workflow ? So that i could get what exactly you want to do.

@RaviTejaKuna

could you please upload more informative screenshot or it would be really better if you can upload file.

because with this i really could not able to understand anything

1 Like

@RaviTejaKuna

So if I understand you correctly you have excel sheet which has a bunch of data in rows. You need to convert the data given in the rows to string.

Is this correct?

If yes, what is the type of data in the row? Also can you paste the exact expression that you are using to convert to string?

Try this
row(row_of_index).toString

1 Like

@RaviTejaKuna

this is the solution for your query. If your expression is “row(Fisrt). ToString" then you need to assign a numeric value to the row index.

@RaviTejaKuna

try this workflow,
it converts whole column to string
convert particular value to string of datatable

FAME Validation.xaml (39.4 KB)
Source file.xlsx (11.7 KB)

1 Like

Hi Ravi,

if your columnName is “First” then it should be mentioned as follows:

row(“First”).toString …You were missing this so you may faced and error or other wise u can use the rowIndex to fetch the value.

Good morning,
String.Join(",", dtCos.Rows(0).ItemArray)
the code above will return string of a row with each column delimited(separated) by a comma, you can use string split activity, set separator to comma and index the column you want from the array returned by the string split activity.