Copy and Paste Data from "Excel Worksheet A" to Excel Worksheet B"

Hi UiForum! Appreciate if you could assist me in this :frowning:

Brief Breakdown of My Current Workflow:

i) Firstly, I will read my Outlook inbox and read information from desired emails and extract data i.e. Date, Amount etc into Worksheet A using Write Range Workbook Activity. (I have alr achieved this)

ii) Now that i have these figures in Worksheet A, i would like to copy and paste data from Worksheet A to Worksheet B based on date (see figure below). Though they are similar, the difference between worksheet A and worksheet B is that worksheet B has all the dates of the month listed down in its “Date” column i.e. 1-Nov-19 to 31-Nov-19, whereas Worksheet A would have a list of dates up till the latest date of when date info is extracted from Outlook as mentioned earlier, in this case, “5-Nov-19” which is also stored as a variable “DateA”.

iii) What i have done so far, is to use Excel Application Scope and Read Range for Worksheet A & B and create a Datatable for both. How can i now copy the data from the “5-Nov-19” row in Worksheet A to the same date value row in Worksheet B? Meaning if Worksheet A & B both contains “Date A” in this case “5-Nov-19”, then extract figures from “Date A” row in Worksheet A to “Date A” row in Worksheet B.

Looking forward to any help from you guys!

Hello,

Use Excel Applcation Scope
Read range in that read 1st sheet
append range mention sheet2
then give a row name match with

Cheers @R11 :slight_smile:

Hi Shriharsha,

How can i achieve the row name match? Thanks! and if possible could you provide a sample workflow?

For each row
row.item(“RowName”)
or use get Row item activity and do the same

Hi Shriharsha.

Thank you for your help so far.

I am now stuck at writing an expression for the For each row activity. I have loaded both Worksheet A & B into 2 datatables respectively i.e. DT1 & DT2. Using the If condition, i would like to set my condition as “If DT1 contains (DateA); DateA being the variable that stores the row name, and that DT 2 also contains (DateA), then extract data from DateA row in DT1 into DateA row in DT 2”.

i have tried “rowA.item(DateA)=rowB.item(DateA)” but the error message is still present.

Looking forward to your help!

My

@R11.

Can i get to know the error message please

Hi,

It is a compiler error encountered when processing the expression.

In the syntax end use .tostring

Cheers @R11

Hi Shri,

for this Inarguement, can it identify variables? For example, row.item(VariableName).

I have tried this but it does not read. What are ways or how can i write an Inarguement to identify a particular variable in a row?