Copie, paste data Excel

Hi,

I have 2 questions:

1. I transfer data from one Excel file to another. But i do not want to copie header from the first file to the other file. How can I do this.

do not copy this row

2. in my UiPath code i set the paste to row 152 in the other excel file because that is the first row that is empty. Is it possible to let uipath know itself to paste to the first row that is empty?
    so instead of 152 to let uipath chearch self for empty row.

Thank you

Hi @E.E

Yes, UiPath can find the last row of excel and write the new data in next row.

For this, you have to use “Append Range” activity instead of “Write Range” activity.

If you use “Append Range” activity, you won’t get headers.

Feel free to reach us at any time if you have doubts. Thanks.

Happy Automation

1 Like

Hi @vignesh.ks,

Thank you, Append range is working. Only thing is it still copies row 1 where the headers are located. Is there an option to exclude row 1?

Hi @E.E ,

Try using Insert Rows activity.

https://docs.uipath.com/activities/docs/insert-rows-x

1 Like

Hello @E.E

You can easily remove the headers from the table while reading the data in Read Range.
To do this just uncheck the Add Headers Property in the Read Range Activity as shown below:

1 Like

Hi @E.E

You can use “Remove DataRow” activity before “append range” activity.

In “Remove DataRow” activity properties provide the DataTable variable and RowIndex as ‘0’. So it will remove the header and append the rest of the data’s.

Note: Uncheck ‘Add Headers’ in read range(DataTable which you need to append) activity properties.

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.