Contains the TargetFramework net6.0-windows7.0 the net6.0?

Yesterday I tested my first Cross-platform custom activity and the target framework is only net6.0. I created projects with different compatibility modes, Windows and Cross-platform. In both cases I could see and include my activity in the package manager. Does this mean that the target framework net6.0-windows7.0 always includes net6.0? Or the other way around, if a custom activity is marked with the attribute TargetFramework net6.0, can it always be executed with net6.0-windows7.0? Then net6.0 would always be a subset of net6.0-windows7.0.
Thanks for clarification.

1 Like

Hey Stefan,

Yes, you got it right. Any package targeting net6.0 will be shown in projects targeting net6.0-* (where * is windows, linux, mac, etc even though for now we only support windows).

This will be true even for our libraries and you will see that in 22.8 cross-platform libraries created with Studio show up in both windows and cross-platform projects.

net6.0-windows7.0 is only needed when you require specific Windows APIs. If your activity is generic enough net6.0 is the way to go.

1 Like

Thank you very much @alexandru for your explantion.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.