What I’m looking for here is to understand why someone would, or would not, implement a high-density environment. What are the pros and cons of a high-density environment? At what point should someone consider implementing a high-density environment?
From what I can see, the initial pros are:
- More complete use of server resources
- Able to run a process in parallel on a single server instance
- Able to run multiple processes simultaneously on a single server instance
- Need for RDS setup and corresponding CALs for each user (additional cost)
- Potentially increased complexity from monitoring/balancing server resource utilization
What am I missing or where have I missed the mark? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!