Connecting UiPath Robot to Orchestrator keeps timing out

I’ve been trying to connect to the Orchestrator we have set up with UiPath Enterprise but it keeps timing out on connection attempt. I have the machine created with a matching machine name as the one in my UiPath Robot as well as the corresponding machine key. In the Orchestrator URL I have out hosted instance of Orchestrator (https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.azurewebsites.net/)… I’m not sure why the connection keeps timing out though. Any ideas?

Error log of issue:

System.OperationCanceledException: The operation was canceled.
   at System.Threading.CancellationToken.ThrowOperationCanceledException()
   at System.IO.Pipes.NamedPipeClientStream.ConnectInternal(Int32 timeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Int32 startTime)
   at System.IO.Pipes.NamedPipeClientStream.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<ConnectAsync>b__0()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at UiPath.Ipc.NamedPipe.NamedPipeClient`1.<ConnectToServerAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at UiPath.Ipc.ServiceClient`1.<EnsureConnection>d__20.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Ipc.ServiceClient`1.<>c__DisplayClass17_0`1.<<InvokeAsync>b__3>d.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Ipc.IOHelpers.<WithResult>d__3.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Ipc.IOHelpers.<WithTimeout>d__8`1.MoveNext()

Hi @mike.vansickle,
For me it’s looking like authentication problem or firewall lock. Please contact with our Technical Support.

I had realized after upgrading from Community to Enterprise, I still had the Community software on my machine. So out of habit I was trying to use the UiPath Robot that was installed with the Community edition. Once I began using the UiPath Robot that was installed with the Enterprise edition it worked immediately. Sorry for the confusion!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this. I will for sure help in similar situations for other users :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.