Collections in UiPath Apps

hi all,

iv been playing around with UiPath apps a bit and was beginning to wonder if it is possible to create and work with collections like arrays or dictionaries in UiPath apps studio or if it would be better to do that in UiPath studio and pass the collections back to the app?

At the moment, the best way to work with collections like an array is to create them UiPath Studio and make it available in apps through RPA processes.

Soon we shall have the ability to do the same from App Studio. This is part of our immediate roadmap for Apps.

3 Likes

yeah that’s what I ended up doing… good to know more features are coming to Apps Studio I found it useful for building interfaces to trigger the bot but limited when I tried to build an app without using a robot.

Yes, Next year we will have integration with data service which will enable to you have apps without a robot as well

2 Likes

How do I collect an array in the app, for example I need to collect household members so there could be one or 10 people, this should be an array or table but there seems to be no way to do it.

Powerapps can do it though

@Nathan_Betters1 ,

Where is your data staying? If not data service then you can write a process and store the value into Data table and create table as Out Argument and return to apps.

Thanks,
AK

I need to know how to intake array of data on the app

@Nathan_Betters1

Can you convert your array of data and place into a data table and return as our argument data table from process .

Once thais work you can map out argument of process with table .

The problem is I need to COLLECT an array of data via the app, without the app being “submitted” multiple times.

For instance I am collecting a list of vehicles a person owns, it could be 1 or it could be 50. I don’t want the person to submit 50 entries, just one form with multiple “sub grid” entries (how it would be in power apps)

1 Like

@Nathan_Betters1 ,

This is not possible at the moment.

Thanks,
AK

1 Like

Next year we can expect this.