Click button inside mail body or create button inside mail body

Thanks. This solution is very helpful

Hey Sarathi,

Do we need any kind of configuration made in outlook for new mail to get popped up immediately? Because when I click approve, its asking for some account settings…Can you advise me on that?

@Anitha_krishnan,

While clicking on the approve button it will open a new outlook mail message with a to address mentioned and with this mail message “Hi, Your request is Approved by XYZ(the person to respond) for the below mentioned responsibility: ABCDE, QWERT”.

Do you have outlook installed where you are trying this workflow, check in a machine where outlook installed.

Hey Sarathi,

Thanks for your reply:) Yes I do have Outlook installed. But its asking for adding account when approve/reject is clicked, whereas if i open my mail box in web and click approve/reject, it working as expected(creating new mail to be sent). I don’t understand the issue with outlook installed…do we have to make any settings?

@Anitha_krishnan,

Do you have any mail account configured with the Outlook, if not then configure an account and try again

@sarathi125 I have a mail account already configured…but it still asks for an account to be set up…So I suspect that there is something to do with outlook desktop app and outlook web client

@Anitha_krishnan,

Which Outlook account you are using to send mails…

@sarathi125 do you mean to say that account from which mail is sent to my inbox should be configured to outlook?

So just for someone referring this thread…You just have to make Outlook as your default mail app in your system settings. It works!

Hi All,

I have a similar scenario.

Need to create a bot to read all the mail from outlook and open a particular mail which is for approval(mail triggered from MS Flow for approval) and click on the Approve button on the mail then provide some comments in the section and click Submit button.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

See this link

1 Like

You need to associate Mailto with Outlook by doing the following

Start-> type: Default Programs-> Set your default programs-> select Outlook-> Set this program as default

Hi Sarathi,

We tried your above mentioned html code in the uipath assign mailbody activity and tried to execute the same.
We are getting below error .

Hi Sarathi,

Please help us with the query posted by Ida.

@Ida_K_IN,
Have you set the IsHtmlbody as true or not. Set it and check again. Possible share a sample xaml what you are trying

Hi Sarathi,

Thank you so much Sarathi for your swift response.

We are trying the below HTML code in the UiPath Assign activity. Getting the error as “Expected >”. Please use this in your environment and help us Sarathi.

Approve Reject
<html>
<body>
<a href="mailto:replytoAddress.p@xyz.com?subject=Request Approved &body= Approved";>
Approve
</a>
<a href="mailto:replytoAddress.p@xyz.com?subject=Request Rejected &body= Rejected";>
Reject
</a>
</body>
</html>

hi there @sarathi125 , i am currently using the same html code that you just referred to in your reply. I was wondering if there’s a way to send the approval or rejection Email without the user having to click “send” when the plain Mail. can’t we just skip that and make it send automatically once clicked ? any thoughts ?

1 Like

Hi Kamal,

I’ve been researching this too, but haven’t found a solution yet. :pensive:
If you have done the automatic mailing as you mentioned, can you share it?

Hello @Ayfer_Yildirim

It would be better if you can create a new post describing your requirement.

Else explain what you are trying to do and what’s the error that you are getting.