Click Activity not working fast

Hey Community,

I have a dialogue box that I can remove by hitting enter or clicking OK. The issue is that the click activity takes too long to click on OK ( I am using a simulate click ). I used a keyboard shortcut to hit enter, but it is also not working

Any suggestion will highly be appreciated.

Best regards,
Muhammad Anas.

Hi @Muhammad_Anas_Baloch

Try use Check App State Activity to check if the popup appears before Click Activity

Hey @rikulsilva , I tried this but still it is taking too long too click or hit enter.

@Muhammad_Anas_Baloch

Could you try to update de UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities, also try to change the input method and check if another performs better

Still the same issue @rikulsilva. The click activity is working perfectly fine for all other activities except this one.

@Muhammad_Anas_Baloch

I’m doing some test about this confirmation popup and it takes long time too.

Hi,

It may be matter of Click activity etc. for showing this dialog.
For now, to isolate cause, can you try to set HardwareEvent in Click activity etc. for showing the dialog. (Please note that it’s not click activity for the button of dialog)

If it works, we can keep using HardwareEvent or can use Parallel activity to avoid this matter.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @Yoichi

It seems the 23.* has a issue to identify this popup properly when select or edit it

To reproduce I’m use this html page

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
    <title>Yes or No Popup</title>
</head>
<body>

<script>
        function askYesOrNo() {
            var response = confirm('Do you agree?');

if(response) {
                alert('You clicked Yes');
            } else {
                alert('You clicked No');
            }
        }

window.onload = askYesOrNo;
    </script>

</body>
</html>

When popup shows up, the Modern Select Wizard take a long time to starts or enable element selection

Could you try in your side and check if you have same behavior ?

1 Like

Tried with hardware events as well same issue.

Hi,

I think the root cause is the same. Dialog is run as sync, and it doesn’t return response. So Click for showing dialog or onLoad event wait until timeout, then do next action.

Can you try the following sample? And change InputMode of the first Click to ChromiumAPI or HardwareEvent. This helps the above.

Sample
Sample20231204-1.zip (5.7 KB)
(Please modify path of the html file)

Regards,

Hi,

Did you set it not Click activity for button of the Dialog but Click activity etc for showing the Dialog? (In general, it’s just before the Click activity for the button of the Dialog)
Also check the above post?

Regards,

Hey,

I am using the same properties as yours.

Hi,

My intent is which activity you set HardwareEvent. It should be not Click for the dialog button but before it.

Regards,

1 Like

So what I understand from your suggestion is that I must select a hardware event before this click activity. And one more thing will the “enter” keystroke work after that?

Hi,

Yes. If the dialog is shown by Click activity, please set HardwareEvent in it.

And one more thing will the “enter” keystroke work after that?

Enter and Click both will probably work.

Regards,

2 Likes

Thank you so much, I changed the click to hardware events before that click activity as you suggested and that works for me.

2 Likes

Thank you @Yoichi

This way it works fine

Cheers

2 Likes

@rikulsilva

As you mentioned, it’s true that UiAutomation 23.10 seems to wait timeout when getting selectors of the popup dialog in Studio as before version didn’t. Thank you for sharing. I hope it will fixed soon.

Regards,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.