Chrome Extension doesn't work for 2018.3 Beta

Hey @ovi @mircea @badita,

Chrome extension doesn’t work for me with UiPath Studio 2018.3 Beta. I tried reinstalling it many times from the extension within Options → Tools & Extension but with no success.

I did went back to 2018.2 Version of the Studio and tested by installing the chrome extension from there and it did work perfectly.

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

2 Likes

Hi @Rammohan91,
Thanks a lot for your feedback! As a suggestion, could you please follow these steps and see if it is working:

1. Uninstall the current extension
  2. Install Chrome Extension
  3. Start Chrome
  4. Enable the extension
  5. Restart Chrome again

We are aware of this bug and we are looking into it.
Please run this scenario and tell us if it solves the problem for you.

Thanks a lot!

Hey @radutzp, Thanks for the reply,

I did tried to restart chrome after installation before as well, just did it again few times as per your steps but still with no success.

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

Rammohan, how did you install 18.3? Fresh install, upgrade, switched to Beta channel? Also, Chrome extension doesn’t install at all or it doesn’t detect the elements on the screen?

Thanks,
Viorela

Hey @ovi,

I installed 2018.3 Beta by Switching to Beta Channel. I am able to install the chrome extension successfully, but once installed i am not able to detect any elements using UiExplorer or Activities.

There were times when i saw 2 different Chrome Extension visible next to one another. I believe one of them was for 2018.2 and another for 2018.3 Beta. I believe that could be due to the reason that i was trying to open 2018.2 instance of the studio and check if the extension works there. It does work with 2018.2 when i install the extension from that instance of fhe studio again.

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

2 Likes

Do we have any solution for this? I am facing the same issue

1 Like

Can you check if you have two extensions in Chrome? And if so, disable the old one? The workaround would be to fresh install the 18.3 build.

I’am facing same issue. Getting error “Cannot communicate with the browser, please check the UiPath extension.”

Reinstalled to 2018.0-beta.558, reinstalled Chrome Extension. Checked that there’s only one extension.

Tried with Firefox but get same error.

Been playing a round with this. When i make new process with v.588, UiPath Extension in Chrome works few times. When uninstall and and install it again, it works again few times.

But with older project what worked previously, UiPath can’t get extension work at all even reinstalling it.

Dragonfly solved the problem, thanks!

1 Like

Phew! We were aware of this and working to get it solved. Thanks for sharing @erva

I came across the same problems, too.
Now i have to wait the new chrome extension to work with my robots.

Hi,
I got the resolution to this… chrome for UiPath Studio 18.3 beta

1. Uninstall the chrome extension from chrome and close the browser.
  2. Please go to UiPath >> Start >>Tools >> Click Chrome Extension.
  3. Open chrome enable the extension.

It would work

Thanks
Omkar

1 Like

Hi Omkar,

Are you on Studio Beta channel? Or Stable?

1 Like

Chrome extension is not visible in Chrome. Also, I am not able to install the chrome extension from chrome web store. One of my UIPath workflow was working well in the previous version and is not working now. Can any one help me with this issue?

Hi,

I and my colleague have faced this issue after having upgraded UIPath to v. 2018.3.0 stable. Now, working in Chrome, in case I need to repair a selector, I can’t indicate this separate element (the whole window is indicated instead) and Ui explorer seems to be freezing in this case. I have already reinstalled UIPath and Chrome, including the extension (I have only one), but, unfortunately, it doesn’t work.

Could you, please, help us?

This worked for me - when installing the Chrome extension, the Registry was not being updated as required.

1. copy manifest.json to C:\Users\Public\Documents\UiPath\Chrome-Ext folder (you can find manifest.json in the folder where Chrome extension is installed and use that path if you prefer, but I preferred to put it in Public to ensure installation of extension for all computer users would succeed).

2. Add Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Google>Chrome>nativeMessagingHosts>com.uipath.chromenativemsg with the Value: C:\Users\Public\Documents\UiPath\Chrome-Ext\manifest.json (or use the path where you have manifest.json)

3. Open Chrome and verify in Windows Task Manager that “Chrome Native Messaging Host” process is running.

The above steps install the extension for all users on a computer. This can be changed to install for a specific user by using HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry hive instead.

1 Like

Hi Phauck,

Thanks for your solution.

Can you please tell how to run "Chrome Native Messaging Host”?

Regards,
Masood

All,

I just installed the new beta version from the link which @ovi sent. Does anyone facing issues with dragging the activities from the activities panel? or inside the workflow?

I am finding this issue for whatever new workflow i create. Might sound silly, but it is really annoying to see the dragging the activities is falling in to issues with all the xaml’s

Let me know if its common bug? I tried restarting the studio, system even. Still facing the same.

To add a note : i am working on windows 10 version. There was no issues with the previous versions.

Thanks,
KK

Doesn’t seem to work on chrome or firefox. or 2018.3.1 enterprise.

No extension exists on chrome store.

Any update uipath?