Check app state wait for question

Hi,
How does check app state wait for work? Does it wait specified time before taking actions on the element? Or does it wait for the specified element to appear?

Thank you,

Hi @A_Learner

Check app state activity search for the target element to appear.In the properties panel, there is Time to check untill the specified time . If target doesn’t appear in that time it executes the the target doesn’t appear block

Hope it helps!!

1 Like

Hi @A_Learner

You can vheck the below video and learn about Check App State.

Check App State and two toggle branches Taeget Does Appear and Target Does not Appear.

According to the UI Element you indicate you need to place your activities in the toggle branches.

Regarding th time, it will wait until the particular target that you have indicated appears.

Hope you understand!!

1 Like

@A_Learner,

The Check App State activity is designed to verify whether a specified UI element is in a particular state (e.g., exists, does not exist, is enabled, etc.) before proceeding with further actions.

This is how Check App State Works

1. Wait for Element to Appear or Change State:
  • The primary function of the Check App State activity is to wait for a UI element to be in a specified state. This means it will keep checking the UI element until the element matches the expected state or until a timeout occurs.
  • You specify the state you’re checking for (e.g., exists, is visible, is clickable) in the properties of the activity.
  1. Timeout Property:
  • The Check App State activity has a Timeout property. This specifies the maximum amount of time (in milliseconds) that the activity will wait for the UI element to reach the desired state.
  • For example, if you set the timeout to 30000 milliseconds (30 seconds), the activity will keep checking the element’s state for up to 30 seconds.
  1. Polling Interval:
  • During the wait period, UiPath periodically checks the state of the specified UI element at regular intervals. This is known as polling.
  • If the element reaches the desired state before the timeout, the activity proceeds immediately without waiting for the full timeout period.
  1. Actions on Element:
  • Once the element is in the desired state, the Check App State activity can trigger other actions or workflows based on this verification.
  • If the element does not reach the desired state within the timeout period, the activity can handle this situation by throwing an error or following a different path in the workflow, depending on how you’ve set up your error handling.

LLM helped me to write this answer but it’s validated by me!

Thanks,
Ashok :slight_smile:

Just like every activity, it waits as long as the timeout. As soon as the element appears it continues to the “appears” block, but if it doesn’t appear within the timeout then it continues to the “does not appear” block.

1 Like

Hi @A_Learner

If you want to know about the check app state activity, refer to the below UiPath documentation,

Check app state is the modern design activity, it replicated from classic activity we have the same activity which works like check app state is Element exist, you can know about element exist activity from below documentation,

Hope it helps!!

I am noticing that if I input longer time, it will wait longer even though the element is visible. In order for it to act quickly, I am reducing the time.

This does not align with the expected behavior. Can you help me understand?

Thank you,

@A_Learner,

Check if you are using Computer Vision selectors as fallback.

The situation you are explaining could be because of that.

Thanks,
Ashok :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.