Character constant contain one must character only

Hi , I am getting error while writing the formula in write cell
the formula is =IF(OR(K2=“Chandigarh”,K2=“Pondicherry”,AD2=“Chandigarh”,AD2=“Pondicherry”),“”,R2)

1 Like

HI
welcome to uipath community
mention like this
“=IF(OR(K2=”+“Chandigarh”+“,K2=”+“Pondicherry”+“,AD2=”+“Chandigarh”+“,AD2=”+“Pondicherry”+“),”+String.Empty+“R2)”

Cheers @DhanashreeLokhande

It seems to be a copy-paste error. Please replace all you double quotes and write them afresh. This might fix the problem. It worked for me with the formula below.

=IF(OR(K2=“Chandigarh”,K2=“Pondicherry”,AD2=“Chandigarh”,AD2=“Pondicherry”),“”,R2)

it does not work for me…it gives #NAME value in excell afterb running the robot

give the same error i.e character constant must contain exactly one character

Fine

Cheers @DhanashreeLokhande

@DhanashreeLokhande…here is the solution for this.

“=IF(OR(K2=”“Chandigarh”“,K2=”“Pondicherry”“,AD2=”“Chandigarh”“,AD2=”“Pondicherry”“),”“,R2)”. It does not give the mentioned error anymore. Sample

Please update if this works for you as well. Cheers!!

Hi Team,
I’m trying to assign A = B+" “+A and I’m getting error saying “character constant must contain one character only”
Here, A is string, B is also string.
I’m also trying to assign A = a.replace(“audio is not working”,”").tostring
here also I’m getting error saying, “character constant must contain one character only”,
“audio” is not declared or inaccessible.
“not” is not declared or inaccessible.

When I’m creating new process and assigning the same values it is working fine. After a day or so that is also throwing same error.
Not understanding how to handle this error.

Hi @DhanashreeLokhande

Try this:

"=IF(OR(K2=""Chandigarh"", K2=""Pondicherry"", AD2=""Chandigarh"", AD2=""Pondicherry""), """", R2)"

Hope it helps!!