Changing GenericValue to number in Excel?

Hello again!

I have made a workflow that copies stock prices from a website into an excel sheet. I managed to do this using the Write Range activity, but Write Range writes the numbers as Generic Values (text in Excel) instead of a proper number format.

I don’t want to mess with my workflow that I made so far, so what can I do as a next step to format these Excel cells in Uipath?

Here is my workflow for comparison:

Thanks in advance!

@AL1

Write as Cdbl(strKurs) instead of strKurs only

Hope this may help you

Thanks

Hi @AL1 ,

Could you please refer the below thread. it might help you to resolve the issue. thanks.

Hi @AL1

You can try ‘Format Value’ activity as well.

Please refer the below video for more details.

Hope this will be helpful. Thank you.

EDIT: Nevermind what I said.

This solution has the problem that I am Austrian and we use comma instead of a full stop as the decimal separator. So Cdbl() turns 17,68 into 1768, which is not my desired outcome.

Sorry, I got a bit carried away.

Thanks for your reply!

I have tried this tutorial before, but it doesn’t work for me. I think Format Value doesn’t accept my data because I used a string (strKurs) to fetch the numbers from the website.

Is there a way to convert strings into numbers or should I make a change to my workflow so it uses numbers instead of strings?

Sorry, I am still learning.

Hi @AL1

Another work around you can try will be given below.

Step 1:Create a excel file with just column names alone and set the relavant format for each column by right click on the column name and choose ‘Format Cells’ as in the below inline screenshot.

Step 2: Please copy this formatted excel file to desired location and use this in ‘Write Range’ activity to write the DataTable rows whenever required.

Hope this will be helpful. Thank you.