Capturing Meta Data into excel

Hi Everyone,

I am working on an interesting problem wherein i have to maintain a meta Data in the form of excel sheet for that i have created a data table using the Build Data Table activity, the data is scraped from web using the Get Text activity and then stored as variable and later using the add data row activity to add that in the data table and then i am using the write range activity to convert the Data Table to excel sheet, This process will be run for several people but right now what it does is that instead of appending the information it is overwriting the info, So let’s say if at first i am fetching info of 3 people in the same workflow and next time for different 3 people i want the excel sheet to contain 6 records but instead it only contains the latest 3 people’s info.

What needs to be changed in the workflow so as to capture all the metadata.

Thanks

Hi @shekhawat.arjun1307

Please use path exist activity and give the excel file. The output of the activity is Boolean.

So you can build a logic like: if the excel exists, then append range, else write range.

Hope this is what you are expecting.

Feel free to reach us at any time if you have doubts. Thanks.

Happy Automation

Hi @vignesh.ks

Currently i am using the add data row and not write range activity. Can’t add data row activity be used to append in the data table?

Hi @shekhawat.arjun1307

Is it possible to share your xaml file. So that I can validate it.

Thanks.

Hi @vignesh.ks

Attaching my xaml file.

Main - Copy.xaml (118.8 KB)