"Can't Execute Test Activity while there are validation errors"

Hi, I am doing the Build Your First Automation course with Studio, and I followed everything step by step according to the video tutorial, however, I am getting an error saying “This activity requires an Outlook Account Card” I have no idea how to add it so I can connect studio to outlook, please help, the video doesn’t cover this.

Package “UiPath.Mail.Activities”
Activity “Use Desktop Outlook App”

Thanks for the prompt reply, this package was already installed but I am not sure where to select the Always Use Desktop Outlook App Option…

@pvaklev

@pvaklev

There are no special steps that you need to do…

Use the outlook app activity and then from the account section select the required account or use the currentaccount option and it would be connected…and activities related to outlook can be performed inside them

Cheers

1 Like

I am still getting this issue, when left blank its not picking up by default, when I type my email in I get this error:

@pvaklev

When you give an account please give it with inverted comma as a string…

And use for each email activity inside the outlook app acope activity then you will not get that error

Cheers

Thank you, I have bypassed this issue, but now I ran into a new one, after I followed the steps in the video, I noticed there is a difference in the current software release vs the older version used in the video, hence I had to use a slightly different command, I am able to get all the parts done up until the invoices folder being created, but it is not saving the attachments and I get this error:

“For Each Email: Cannot download attachments for the email with subject ‘Course Invoices’. The underlying email provider for this message could not be determined.”

@pvaklev

With the new activities I guess you are confused and using wrong set of activities which are not very good to use together

Here I am attaching a photo for your reference…first in activities I want you to search outlook and then under them use the highlighted activites below…and for For each In Email from field use as see in picture…you can directly get by specifying the folder name no need to use get outlook mail message again and when you search you will see both are from different packages as well

Hope this helps.

cheers

Hi Anil, thanks for the reply but I am trying to follow the instructions of the video, while it is outdated, so I keep encountering errors…

So the task from the video has you save the attachments to the side within the workflow of the UiPath API, rather than an actual folder which the “Save Email Attachments” activity doesn’t seem to give an option to do so…

I’ve been stuck on this lesson for a few days now which should’ve only taken 1 hour… it is very frustrating so my apologies for the repeat questions, but here is my latest workflow with the error I am stuck on:

Could you please help me find a solution that is as close to the video tutorial as possible, because there are part 2 and 3 which might be correlated so I don’t want to skip any steps, the main issue comes from the “Save Email Attachments activity” the one used in the video is “Save Attachments” I don’t understand if the “RetrievedEmail” is a function or a string but it is not recognized by my current workflow setup:

The solution should look like this but without errors:

@pvaklev

Save attachments shpuld be inside the for each mail loop…you kept it outside…please move it into the for loop

Thats ok…I would suggest you try giving importance to details as well…yes few videos are outdated now as many activity layouts have been changed…

Cheers

Thanks Anil, your solution worked better and more simplified than the video! You’re the best!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.