Cannot point to the exact location of the element on the screen

browser
uiautomation
studio
extension

Hi,

I was trying to identify elements on the screen using Indicate on screen but I am not able to point to the particular location of the element.

Initially I was getting an error “error hresult e_fail has been returned from a call to a com component” but after doing what’s mentioned in the below link, that error is gone. But apparently I can’t point to the exact location of the element and data extracted is incorrect.

http://www.codepartners.com/Blog/TabId/110/PostId/139/what-to-do-when-error-hresult-efail-returns-from-a-call-to-a-com-component.aspx

I have .net 4.7 framework installed on my machine and I’ve removed the other frameworks. I have uninstalled the other versions too. I have added the extentions to the chrome browser, the browser on which I am currently working. Is there anything else that I have to do?

Try it on IE.

Tried that as well and this is what I see

Looking at the screenshot I think that’s Microsoft Edge not IE. :thinking:

@ddpadil Sorry my bad. Works fine on IE. But there’s an issue with other browsers. Any idea on what the issue could be?

@chaitu.santapur please check your extensions properly, if installed remove, re install and then try.

@pathrudu I deleted the extension that were there, I removed them and I already added extension in Chrome from the scratch. It’s still the same. I am not sure if this is related but my chrome versions is up to date. Apparently it works with IE and Firefox and this certainly isn’t a showstopper but what could be the reason for this to happen only in Chrome but not in other browsers.

Hello ,
UiPath prefer IE and it works best compare to other browser.
In case you didn’t try this out yet please see the steps.
Chrome Extension Troubleshooting

Just installing the extension isn’t enough. Restart the browser and it should be fine