Cannot Find UI Element corresponding to this selector - Salesforce

Hi everyone,

I am using UIPath Studi for the 1st time with no experience in VBA coding or HTML. I am using the Studio to Open Salesforce & download a report but I am stuck. The process is getting stuck on the ‘Edit’ button & the error is the ‘Cannot find the UI Element corresponding to this selector’

I did a look through the forums & this seems a common problem but due to my inexperience I cannot follow the solutions

I would appreciate any help on how to get UIPath to select the ‘Edit’ button

Activity
Salesforce

Thanks!

Mark

1 Like

Sorry I mean the Drop Down Arrow button, not the Edit button

1 Like

Hi @Mturks

Try to do indicate the arrow by using hi explorer and give the title as * and check it out

Thanks
Ashwin.S

1 Like

Hi Ashwin,

Thanks for the quick reply but my apologies I’m not sure what you are referring to

Try using iexplorer but what title are you referring to?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Mturks,

Seems like your selector is not stable.
To make it stable you should use relative selector.
How?
Open the uiexplorer and indicate the Drop Down Arrow first.
Then again from uiexplorer select indicate anchor and indicate the edit button as an anchor.

1 Like

Hi @Mturks

In uipath studio go to UI explorer click on the indicate element and try to redefine the selector and highlight the arrow where you can take that selector and use it for click activity

Thanks
Ashwin.S

1 Like

Thanks for the quick replies

Still having trouble, so I have the ‘Selector Editor’ box, how exactly do I redefine the selector?

1 Like

Hi @Mturks

While indicating the selector check the unselected items in that there is a property by name aaname so check whether it is available

Thanks
Ashwin S

2 Likes

Hi @AshwinS2

I was able to add the aaname from the unselected items but unfortunately it still had the same problem

I’ve been watching the Youtube videos of Selector tutorials etc so getting a better understanding but can’t quite seem to work this one out

Thanks for your help!

Mark

Selector error1

1 Like

Hi @sharique.khan

I tried the anchor but unfortunately it didn’t work, below is the screenshot of my Selector, can you see any issues?

Thanks for your help

1 Like

Actually problem solved - I had to put the delay stage to 20 seconds as it was taking quite a while to load

Not a bad exercise for myself as I have begun learning about elements, selectors etc

Thanks

Mark

1 Like

OMG - It worked 1 time but then stopped working

This is frustating - it can highlight the Selector etc,

Any help would be most appreciated

1 Like

Ok solved! The issue was that both the Name & ParentID were dynamic and hence I had to replace them with *

Also I needed to add the aaname property too

Thanks!

1 Like