Cannot find the UI element corresponding to selector - button clicks

@shawnmurray - If you could explain bit more would be helpful to find out the solution.

Thanks,
AK

@AnandKumar26 I shall explain what i am trying to achieve here.
I have an excel spreadsheet with a list of name.
I use Open Browser to browse to the LinkedIn Search page.
The names are then pulled from the excel spreadsheet and searched one by one.

So, it searches the first name, for example “Andy”
Finds the “Connect” button to connect with the first “Andy” that comes up.
Clicks “Connect” , then a window pops up asking would you like to add a note to send to the person, so you just click the “Done” button from the pop up window.

The application now searches for the second name and cannot find the “Connect” button.

I can show you the sequence if that helps, Thanks!

Shawn

Yes, @shawnmurray.
Please share your workflow so that we cam check the selector :slight_smile:

@shawnmurray - Thank you so much for your explanation. The issue would be with the Selector of Connect Button. There should be some unique or at some place you should use the wildcard * in the selector that resolve the issue easily however we need to find that in Connect Button selector first.

Thanks,
AK

@Jan_Brian_Despi Would you like to see screenshots or can i attach the actual workflow?
Thanks.

@AnandKumar26 I would imagine that you are correct. i also feel like i would need to state to look for the button with the word “Connect” on it?

Thanks

Yep. I really think it is a selector issue @AnandKumar26 :slight_smile:

You can just send the .xaml file containing the click activity :slight_smile:

@shawnmurray - If you are not sure about the Connect Button there or not. Then you can you use Element Exist Activity for that Connect Button before you perform a Click. If the Element Exist then Click or else come back and search for the next person.

Thanks,
AK

Hi @shawnmurray
Please try this one: shawnmurray.xaml (12.4 KB)

Sadly not working, searches for user but then does not hit the connect button

Thanks
S

1 Like

Hmmm. It is working on my end

If possible could you attach a screen recording?

Thanks

1 Like

Please try this one:
shawnmurray.xaml (12.7 KB)

1 Like

@Jan_Brian_Despi That worked perfectly!

@AnandKumar26 @Jan_Brian_Despi Just a slight issue, when an connect invitation has been sent and is pending acceptance it sees it as a connect button which then breaks the process.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 Like

Use an Element Exists activity.
If the Invite Sent element exists, then use Continue activity to go to the next name.
This is just an idea in mind since I am just using a phone. Haha

@shawnmurray - You have to use Element Exist Activity for Invite Sent, if Invite Sent not Exists then check for Connect and Click. Or Vice-Versa.

Thanks,
AK

So if “Invite sent” Exists i want to skip it and look for “Connect” Button and if “Invite sent” does not exist, i want it to look for “Connect”
So would these go in their own each element exist activity along with the click?

Thanks as always
S

1 Like

@shawnmurray - That’s correct but little change, since your objective is to click “Connect” then you have to apply a logic in a way that if “Connect” button exists then perform Click, if “Connect” button not exists then check “Invite Sent” exists. If “Invite Sent” exists for that person then search for the next person in the loop from Excel

Thanks,
AK

Thank you that makes sense.
What I would like to do is: if “Invite sent” Exists , i want to look for the next “Connect” Button on the page (So for the same person as searched for) and not just skip them all together if that makes sense.

Regards,
S

@shawnmurray - That is very easy, you just have to find out change between First and Second “Connect” button in the selector. If that is scenario then you do not have to look for “Invite Sent” exists or not rather you can look for the “Connect” button only.

Thanks,
AK

2 Likes