Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: <wnd app='notepad.exe' cls='Notepad' title='Test.txt - Notepad' />

uipath

19.2.0+Branch.master.Sha.21b678a4c3a8b1362fcdd6e92496f991e5a7da37

Source: Attach Window ‘Testtxt N Notepad’

Message: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector:

Exception Type: UiPath.Core.SelectorNotFoundException

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
UiPath.Core.SelectorNotFoundException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: ----> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector:
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.FindFirst(UiFindScope scope, String nodeID)
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.FindFirst(FindScope scope, Selector selector)
— End of inner ExceptionDetail stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.EndExecute(NativeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.AsyncNativeActivity.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

1 Like

i am facing also this error

19.2.0+Branch.master.Sha.21b678a4c3a8b1362fcdd6e92496f991e5a7da37

Source: Attach Window ‘Calculator Calcframe’

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
UiPath.Core.SelectorNotFoundException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: ----> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector:
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.FindFirst(UiFindScope scope, String nodeID)
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.FindFirst(FindScope scope, Selector selector)
— End of inner ExceptionDetail stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.EndExecute(NativeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.AsyncNativeActivity.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Hi @mhmd_fyk,

For attach window for notepad provide the below selector and try

Hi @mhmd_fyk,

Can you help us with calculator attach browser selector.

Is the calculator application launched, if not launch the application first then try to highlight

**i did this but i have problem with any UI element corresponding to this selector it is not working

when i am trying to select any notepad file or select any button like edit/copy on calculator something is wrong with the cursor of the mouse causing this problem.**

** at UiPath.UiNodeClass.FindFirst(UiFindScope scope, String nodeID)**
** at UiPath.Core.UiElement.FindFirst(FindScope scope, Selector selector)**
** — End of inner ExceptionDetail stack trace —**
** at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.EndExecute(NativeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)**
** at UiPath.Core.Activities.AsyncNativeActivity.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)**
** at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)**
** at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)**

Hi,

Is the selector validating when you highlight for attach browser, for both notepad and calculator.

For both before using attach browser can u use open application to launch the application first then use attach browser.

If it’s still not working provide ur workflow, I will check once

i believe the problem related to the operating system as Studio does not support Windows 8.x.

if the above info is correct so which operating system Uipath is supporting ??

Studio does support windows 8.x, send ur workflows will let u know

i tried complete Task on the web with sequence activity and open Browser activity and also DO while every thing is working fine.

i just facing problem with the recording on the desktop with calc and notpad