L3 Advanced training-Ass.1

Hello,

Working on Assignment1 of Level3 Adv. Traning, and i have the following issue:

• I have added a “Click” activity, selected the “Work Items” button, enabled the “Simulate Click” property but when running i get the following error:
    "19.2.0+Branch.master.Sha.21b678a4c3a8b1362fcdd6e92496f991e5a7da37

Source: Click ‘BUTTON’

Message: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector:

Exception Type: UiPath.Core.SelectorNotFoundException

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
UiPath.Core.SelectorNotFoundException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: ----> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector:
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.FindFirst(UiFindScope scope, String nodeID)
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.FindFirst(FindScope scope, Selector selector)
— End of inner ExceptionDetail stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
"

In the Selector editor, if i click on “Highlight” the control is successfully highlighted:

and Selector data are:

Any ideas of what’s wrong?

thank you,
Nikos

Hi,

I suggest using click image, because there no other image with same type, click image will work as expected in my opinion

Regards,
Pavan H

Hi @nikosan,

Why are you trying in chrome, acme website best works with Internet explorer and try to do in internet explorer and it should be working fine with the below selector.

Hi! Please try this selector - " <html app=‘chrome.exe’ title='ACME System 1 - Dashboard' /><webctrl css-selector='body&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;a&gt;button&gt;i' tag='I' /> ".

And ACME website works best with IE, you can use that for creating your automation.
Hope this helps :slight_smile:

I changed browser to IE and works fine.
May i ask what’s the best way to get work item data? Data Scrapping doesnt seem to work properly as i get “table expected” error.

Data Scraping will work for extracting the work Item Data. can you share the error.

Data scraping works fine.

I get a final error, when trying to update the Work Item with the generated SHA. Seems like a Selector issue:

Error message is:
19.2.0+Branch.master.Sha.21b678a4c3a8b1362fcdd6e92496f991e5a7da37

Source: Set Text ‘TEXTAREA newComment’ (Set Text ‘TEXTAREA newComment’)

Exception Type: UiPath.Core.SelectorNotFoundException

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
UiPath.Core.SelectorNotFoundException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: ----> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector:
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.FindFirst(UiFindScope scope, String nodeID)
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.FindFirst(FindScope scope, Selector selector)
— End of inner ExceptionDetail stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Selector is:

Hi,

Are you using set text activity, can you try using type into activity

Similar error:
Source: Type Into ‘TEXTAREA newComment’

@nikosan Try this selector for writing into Add Comments :

<html htmlwindowname='WI-Update' title='ACME System 1 - Work Items' />
<webctrl id='newComment' tag='TEXTAREA' />

Hi @nikosan,

The selector you have mentioned in the image for set text, how you have got that, because by indicating a screen into the comment section we get the above selector rashmi has mentioned.

So are you indicating at the correct position.

If i may ask a final question: Process ends with an error (following one) after 1-2 rounds when a Work Item has been successfully updated.

I guess i have to close the window, and let the process continue with the rest items.
I noticed the “Attach Browser” and “Attach Window” activities, i could use. The Data Scrapping creates an “Attach Browser” activity - created a local variable (xAppBroswer) which has a CLOSE method.

question: which activity could i use to simply run xAppBrowser.Close?

Is there a better approach to this?

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.