Cannot create unknown type ReadSpecificPage

Hi,

I am using the PDF activity Read specific page in my code and it runs fine in local machine which has UiPath.PDF.Activities.2.0.0.0 version.
When I publish the code to Orchestrator which runs on a VM, Im getting the below error,

“Exception occured for Document type: Promotion : System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterException: Cannot create unknown type ‘{clr-namespace:PDF;assembly=pdfLibrary}ReadSpecificPage’.
at UiPath.Core.Activities.InvokeWorkflowFile.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)”

Can you please help me identify where I should copy the PDF nupkg file and paste it in which folder in the VM?

1 Like

try to keep the PDF in the project folder itself buddy and kindly dont try to fetch the pdf from different folder in the local machine
and try to run the same in VM
Cheers @kavyashreeh22

Hi @kavyashreeh22 When you are publishing the into orch in that machine also it needs to have the UiPath.PDF.Activities.2.0.0.0 so add into packages section so do one thing copy UiPath.PDF.Activities.2.0.0.0 version package from your local machine and past in your orch machine

This error will come when uipath is not able to find the activity

Sorry, its not the UiPath Activity. Its a custom activity PDF_Activities.1.0.2.nupkg.

Where should I copy this package in my VM?

Check out in your PC/Laptop in the following location.
C:\Users\<machineName>\.nuget\packages

I dont find the package in my local. But I downloaded it from UiGo. Now where do I place this package in the VM?