Cannot create activity with Activity Creator in Visual Studio

I was trying to follow the following guide to create a custom activity for Studio: https://docs.uipath.com/activities/other/latest/developer/using-activity-creator

However I encountered this error when creating the Activity Creator project:

Because of this error the project creates without a .design file. I think this then leads to an issue where trying to add an activity gives me a missing object reference error.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

2 Likes

I get the same error. Here is the topic I opened Activity Creator error - a problem was encountered creating the sub project - Visual Studio

Hi and thanks for opening this. I was about to do the same, with exactly the same screenshots.

I’m gonna try whatever suggested in
Activity Creator error - a problem was encountered creating the sub project - Visual Studio - Help / Activities - UiPath Community Forum

Such a shame that the staff closes that thread, as if the problem was solved, but it isn’t in anyway, plus noone can further reply there. No only unreliable, but also a very unfair way of acting. Too bad that my organization obliges me to use this platform, which is one of the biggest pieces of cr*p I’ve ever worked with, in my opinion not acceptable for any serious accomplishment neither for a paid software, whoever knows which amount they are paying per license. They don’t bother trying their own tutorial ( Activities - Using The Activity Creator (uipath.com)) to realize it doesn’t work, they are not taking care of bug reports, or users help requests here, they don’t allow posting comments on the docs pages or they close threads here… omg :man_facepalming:

1 Like