Can we use new orchestrator license to renew the older version of orchestrator

Hi All,

i have one doubt regarding for license related to orchestrator. we have production orchestrator version 2019.10 and the license is going to expire in few days. soon we would get new orchestrator license from UiPath. we have so may processes are running on the existing orchestrator so we don’t want to upgrade instantly we will go for a plan and slowly upgrade our existing orchestrator to latest one. mean while can we use the new orchestrator license to renew the license for exiting orchestrator version 2019.10 or will it create any issues while update or renew the license. please share your thoughts or experiences if any answer from UiPath team that would be great.

Regards,
Kirankumar.

1 Like

Hi,
The license key is not connected to version of UiPath software. In license key is stored how many robots you have.

Hi Piotr,

thanks for your reply. so you mean that the new license key would work for the existing orchestrator 2019.10.

Regards,
Kirankumar.

When I renewal license I did everything on the same Orchestrator. It doesn’t matter which version you have.
So the same way if you want move license to new environment you can remove license from existing Orchestrator and move to new Orchestrator.

Hi
Let me try to keep it in general

licenses are not bound to product versions
It’s just we are renewing the license to continue after expiry dates
No impacts with the bot on renewing

Have a View in this thread for more details

But if we are getting new license key itself
Then it’s an upgrade and it has to taken step by step

If you are getting new license key means, its not renewal, they actually gave you a new license. If that’s the case, you will need to remove the existing license key and apply the new license key

https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/v2019/docs/activating-your-license

Cheers @kirankumar.mahanthi1

1 Like

Thanks Piotr for your reply.

Regards,
Kirankumar.

Thanks palaniyappan for your brief reply. As per your generic answer I have little confused yes we are not getting renewel of our old keys we are going to get new license key. Based on your response In this case we must upgrade our existing orch 2019.10 to latest. Please confirm. Can’t we remove license and add it as new license later slowly we will take care of upgrading our existing prod orch. Hope I am very clear about my question. Thanks.

1 Like

That’s right

Have the new license and orchestrator installed in a separate server apart from your existing one and try to migrate the entities from old to new orchestrator one by one

Cheers @kirankumar.mahanthi1

Hi Palaniyappan,

If we go for new orchestrator we will lose all our old data in db and assets, bots configuration and schedules related to our existing orchestrator.in my case I am not sure the way you suggested is the correct way to handle . I have mentioned in my earlier comment like can’t we remove the license and add new license in the existing orch with the new license key. Will it throw any error if we do that. Thanks for your help on this.

Regards,
Kirankumar.