Can someone please guide on keeping different asset for different environment means for Dev,UAT and Prod.How to implement uipath assets as per environment. Please share steps

Hi All,

I am aware of creating Assets in orchestrator. Can someone please guide me on keeping different assets for different environment means for Dev and production. How to implement UiPath assets as per environment. Please share steps.

Thank you.

Hi,

Are you keeping two different orchestrators for both or folders?

1. You can create assets with the same name in all environments so you donot have to change in config file.
  2. You can create assets with different names as well, however you would have to change the names wherever you have referred those in your process before environment migration. Or you could just use a flag to switch between UAT and Prod Environments.
    If you use REF you can store all assets name in Config file, which becomes very easy to manage.

Thanks.

1 Like

You don’t have to use REF for that. I took the Config file reading code from REF and put it into a custom activity. Now we simply create an Asset storing the path to the config file for an automation, and pass that value into the “Read Config File” activity and it spits out a Config dictionary. Very useful.

1 Like

Nice what you have done, might save a bit of time, what if he is already using REF temlpate.

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestions and steps. Let me try it out. It’s one orchestrator but has different folders(Development, Production).
IN UiPath, code has two config files(config_dev , config). REF is not used. it’s a state machine workflow.

Thanks.

Thank you for the information. Let me try it out.