Call one process from another

Hi,

Is there a way I can call one process from another process?

For Example: If I have two .nugkg files like this - “Create Order” and “Cancel Order”

they are totally two different projects.

I want to call “Cancel Order” project from “Create order”

how is that possible?

Note: I am not looking to invoke workflow activity here. It’s like calling one project from another.

Yes, it would be possible, but it is not advisable to do so. However, I will tell you how it could be done:

You should create a .bat file with the command that launches the execution of the second robot and save it in a folder of your choice. Below is the command:

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio"
UiRobot.exe -file "C:\your\project\path\Main.xaml"

Since two robots cannot run simultaneously on the same machine, you should ensure that the second bot starts with a delay. Therefore, you should create a scheduled Windows task for the next minute to launch the previously created .bat file. To do this, open the command line with the first process and execute the command:

bashCopy code

schtasks /create /tn "TaskName" /tr <BatFilePath> /sc DAILY /st <HH:mm>

For example:

schtasks /create /tn "MyTask" /tr "C:\test\file.bat" /sc DAILY /st 12:00

To prevent the scheduled task from remaining active on the machine, you should remove the task from the Windows Scheduler with the second robot using the following command:

schtasks /delete /tn "TaskName" /f

Hey @Krithi1
You can use ‘invoke process’ activity:

1 Like

@Krithi1

If you want to wait till the called process is completed then use invoke process activity

If that is not the case and you can end the first also then use start job activity

Both would work

Cheers