Browser 'Navigate to' places %22 in place of opening " in string

Scenario:

When using the Navigate To function, the opening " in the URL string, addressed in the array with item.ToString is converted to %22 showing up in the URL. The ending double quotes appear fine (see message boxes attached). The array is formed by splitting a string read from a text file containing the URLs and we need to do a set of actions for each URL (now stored in the array).

Steps to reproduce:

Current Behavior:

When passed as a parameter during Open Browser, the same URL read from the item.Tostring opens AOK. But sometimes the page redirects to another page which is why we need to place a Navigate to Also (we will add logic later to check if there is a redirect)

Expected Behavior:

The item.ToString when passed during Open Browser works ok. The same string when used in Navigate To should also open the URL

Studio/Robot/Orchestrator Version:

Last stable behavior:
Last stable version:
OS Version: Windows 10 x64
Others if Relevant: (workflow, logs, .net version, service pack, etc):emphasized text

tostring

Hi,
Indeed.
Try with IE. It doesn’t work for both ( Open Browser as well as navigate activity). :stuck_out_tongue:

PS: May I know why you need to pass double quote twice? what is the specific requirement?

Hey @intransient

%22 is due to Extra Quote in your Url string i.e. "

and i am not able to get why you are passing β€œβ€β€œβ€β€œ+item.tostring+β€β€œβ€". even single time quotes at both end i.e. β€œβ€+item.tostring+β€œβ€ i can understand.

Note- Just checked It with my chrome. Chrome is intelligent browser enough it is even interpreting that url string and opening the url but IE is placing %22 due to this extra quotes and if you are passing http as well it will also append it default.

Regards,.!!
Aksh

1 Like