Break retry scope

Hello,
i’m using the retry scope to manage my login, is there a way to block retries in case of wrong credentials?
Thanks

Hi @fixekog256
use element exist activity and indicate the error error thrown something like (Invalid credentials)
the use if activity and implement the retry scope

Thanks,

@fixekog256

Try to get error message text and ensure that bot has entered invalid credentials.

Ex: if error message is 'Invalid credentials enter!"

Put an if condition like ErrorMessage.ToLower.Contains(“invalid credentials”) and mark a variable (Ex: IsInvalidCredentialError) as True or False for by passing retries.

but retry scope has an internal retry, how can i put condition to break it?

Oops. I put the above solution as thinking a custom retry instead of retry scope.

If you want to use Re-try scope means, First ensure there is no ‘invalid credentials’ error message during the login process.( For that you can use the above concept) Then put retry scope with a condition( Element Exist of Home page or some other UI element after login).

Thank you.

you can break the retry scope when changing the condition to a boolean check, triggering if a login should be retried or not

the following package will help:

with activities e.g.:
grafik

Or as mentioned implement your own custom retry flow

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.