BOT running automatically after getting an email with specific Subject line

Hi Team,

Hope all are doing good.

I have come across a scenario where bot should run automatically after getting an email with specific subject line. once it get the email it should go to the shared folder pick the file and start processing it. Below is the flowchart which I have prepared but not sure of it would work automatically after getting an email.

Need your kind support, please do let me know if my query is not clear.

1 Like

Hi @Rahulsinha,

We can use Windows Task Scheduler to schedule the XAML file of your UiPath workflow every 5mins or 10mins or as per your requirements.By this way, for every scheduled interval the workflow is executed and it checks the mail box and triggers the process if required mail arrives.

yah it looks cool
were you facing any issue in this
@Rahulsinha

can you give some example, as i have not used this earlier. any XAML file as an example?

I have not tried it yet, will check and let you know buddy.
will this automatically trigger once it gets email?
I mean i should not run it, it should be automatically

1 Like

awesome
here you go a document from uipath on this

we can schedule this process from being in ORCHESTRATOR with Schedule option under Trigger tab in url https://platform.uipath.com
where login with gmail username and its password
and click on service tab and click the tenant name which will take us to orchestrator page and choose TRIGGER tab and there we can set a schedule to run daily

Cheers @Rahulsinha

1 Like

Buddy @Palaniyappan I have a query like once Bot start based on the email, it will go to that particular folder and read the PDF file and put the required data in excel but what about if we have more than 1 pdf file and with different names? below is the screenshot which i have used if the condition is true

1 Like

Once after getting the list of mails from GET OUTLOOK MAIL ACTIVITY
in this workflow use a FOR EACH activity and pass that variable as input and change the type argument as system.net.mail.mailmessage
–inside the loop use a IF condition like this
item.Attachments.Any
if this condition is true it will go to THEN part where we can use another FOR EACH LOOP and change the variable name from item to mails and input as item.Attachments and change the type argument as system.net.mail.attachment
–inside this loop use a SAVE ATTACHMENT activity and mention the input mail as item and folder path where we want to save the attachment

–then as a next sequence we can use ASSIGN ACTIVITY with
arr_filepath = Directory.GetFiles(“yourfolderpath”,"*.pdf")
where arr_filepath is a variable of type array of string

–then pass this array variable to FOR EACH as input and inside the loop we can use READ PDF activityand mention the input as item.ToString

Cheers @Rahulsinha

@Palaniyappan it is not running when we are getting an email!! :frowning:

No worries
May I know the issue you were facing
Cheers @Rahulsinha

BOT is not running automatically, I mean i sent an email with the specific subject line but it is not automatically triggering. I dont want to run it, I am trying is to make the bot always active whenever I am getting an email with that specific subject it should start processing

Is it scheduled in orchestrator
Cheers @Rahulsinha

No bro… this is what I am am trying to say is like if i put it in orchestrator then I have to schedule it with some specific time.
I dont want to do that instead is there any alternative like whenever i get email it should automatically pick and start working.
Note: No orchestrator involvement

1 Like

Yes buddy
Kindly schedule it to every one min in your orchestrator so that it will look for mails in your mailbox for every one min and if any such mail appears it will get triggered the execute the process
Else the process though gets executed doesn’t do anything as we don’t have the mail we want in that one mine search
So it’s like a loop
Even in the document that is shared by uipath (as mentioned above) depicts the same

Cheers @Rahulsinha

@Palaniyappan - Is there is any other option that will automatically monitor our inbox for incoming email and the basis of that particular process get trigger ?

Hmm
Unless we read the mail from our inbox on timely basis using orchestrator or with a time delay of one minute (to use only studio), that can’t be automated buddy

But still we got one option I guess I read long before in our forum like
By building a bridge (e.g. using NodeJS or whatever you like) between Exchange Web Services and Orchestrator API.

Not sure on this as I haven’t tried this

Cheers @sandipauti

@Palaniyappan - Thanks buddy for your quick response.

Cheers @sandipauti

HI @Palaniyappan, Hope you are doing good. Your information is very informative. I am newbie in uipath. Please Can you share this workflow as dummy?
Thanks

Hi
Glad talking to you
Are we referring to the same steps or with any changes
@Jesmine

1 Like