Bot is failing at Orchestrator Activites!

Hi,

Bot is failing at Orchestrator Activites (Get transaction data, set transaction item) every time after running. I’m using Community Cloud Orchestrator. Is there any limit to the CE Orchestrator?

Error message: Get Transaction Item: The operation has timed out.

Thanks!

kindly increase the TIMEOUT property more than 30000 like around 60000
Cheers @Sat

Hi @Palaniyappan buddy.

It’s failing even TIMEOUT property increased.
It’s failing particularly at Orchestrator Activities.

Kindly check once whether the orchestrator is connected to right machine and if connected ensure that we have got uninterrupted internet connected in the machine where we are running this process
Cheers @Sat

Hi @Palaniyappan,

Connected to right machine and there is no interruption while running.

Thanks!

Is there any fixing?

Thanks!

Hi
Can I have a screenshot of the error message if possible
Cheers @Sat

@Palaniyappan,

Get Transaction time out:

Set Transaction Status time out:

Failing only at Orchestrator activities.

Thanks!

I’ve had Get Transaction Item fail myself, and it always worked if I put it in a Try/Catch and had it retry in the exception, but since then I built more “sound” solutions that pertain to the process I implemented it into. For me it would fail 1 in every ~250 attempts, so it was very unlikely that the 1/250 chance would occur twice consecutively, but I still would not suggest taking the chance unless you have proper error handling setup to recover from it.

Can you try putting the Get Transaction Data into a While Loop that checks for While(TransactionItem IsNot Nothing) and see if it’s able to work then? I want to check basically if it’s truly an error with the activity, or potentially an error with connectivity to the Orchestrator, or some unknown error that’s occurring.

GetTransactionData();
While(TransactionItem IsNot Nothing){
    if(TransactionItem IsNot Nothing){
        SetTransactionStatus();
    }
    GetTransactionData();
}

Something like that should let you just brute force test it to see if the error occurs with any sort of pattern. Knowing whether or not this is something you can handle with proper Error Handling/Exception Handling is valuable information in terms of suggesting how to proceed.

Any resolution for this? We have started to encounter the exact same thing…just started happening out of the blue! We did upgrade Orchestrator 5 days prior to when this started to occur. We had upgraded from 2018.4 to 2019.10. Not sure upgrade had anything to do with this or not. For me, it occurs approx 1 in 5 or 1 in 10, it is intermittent. We are on Enterprise version, not Community. Yes, if I run in Debug Mode and “retry” that Activity, it works.