Best way to identify SAP UI Elements (GUI Scripting is enabled)

Hi there,

we have GUI Scripting enabled for our SAP system.

Yet I find that some elements in SAP are not really recognized so well when working with UIPath.

Example: In the attached image UIPath recognizes the elements next to “1” as one element. So it just takes the whole navigation bar and thinks it’s a single element. It identifies the search text box as a single element too.
Then again it identifies all the elements next to “2” as individual elements. No problem here.

It seems totally random which elements are recognized properly and which ones not.

I’m using “Click Image” to work around this issue.

Question: Is this how it is supposed to work? Or am I doing something wrong? Any help is highly appreciated.

hi @bastian.heese

Please show us your SAP selectors, than it will be clear if SAP Scripting is enabled correctly.
Once it is enabled, UiPath is able to recognise every single elements.

My guess is, that SAP Scripting is not fully enabled.

Please check once more all steps very carefully

Best regards, Lev

1 Like

Hi @LevKushnir,

SAP GUI Scripting is enabled. Please see the attached screenshot.

Also I am attaching a sample selector where I tried to identify the folder area in SAP. See below:

So it seems like everything is configured correctly on the server side. Yet I still don’t seem to be able to identify each and every element in SAP. Most of the time it only recognizes a bunch of elements as one block.

Is this an expected behavior?

It also seems that the script recording menu entry is disabled. Shouldn’t it be enabled?

HI @bastian.heese

The selector is not correct. And yes, you are 100% right, the native SAP Script Recording & Playback should be active

In your case it looks like the Scripting is in general activated but NOT allowed for your user. So speak to your SAP Admins.

See the docu here:

in the SAP settings screenshot it is visible, that sapgui/user_scripting_per_user is TRUE

Best regards, Lev

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.