Background Automation on a Java App

I am a UIPath beginner and I am wondering how to ‘simulate click’ on java swing buttons in a java app. When I try to simulate a click event I get the following exception from UIPath; complaining that it cannot find the selector. However if I remove the ‘simulate click’ option in the click event it works just fine.

Can anyone please explain why this happens and a suitable work around?

Exception details

RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Core.ElementOperationException: Timeout reached. —> RemoteException wrapping System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Timeout reached.
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.BringIntoView()
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.BringToForeground()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.TaskAsyncCodeActivity`1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Thanks in advance.

Hi @cnissanka

Is Java extension installed bin your system

Thanks
Ashwin.S

Hi
Welcome to uipath community
Kindly check whether JAVA extension is installed to access the elements of Java application as a individual element
we can install it with these steps

hope this would help you
Cheers @cnissanka