Automation Suite and Openshift

Hi Everyone,
I would like to ask if i can install UiPath Automation Suite with Openshift or no also what is the best practice for robots VMs is to avail detected VM for every robot or add more than one robot on the same VM.
Thanks in Advance :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your reply but did we have any documentation about this ?

Unfortunately, I don’t see any documentation for this one.

1 Like

Hey folks @mahmoud.zaky @Kaviyarasu_N
We actually don’t support installing Automation Suite on Openshift. Automation Suite installs on Linux machines and includes Kubernetes technology inside. That is different from products installing on Kubernetes platform like Openshift.
UiPath supports and services everything inside Automation Suite including the Kubernetes infrastructure currently based on Rancher and components.

Hi @Alexandre_Blain
If it is a Windows server for UiPath installation and a Linux server with high availability, how will it work? I am asking this question for Windows based Multi node setup.

Regards,
Kaviyarasu N

@Kaviyarasu_N We don’t support installing Automation Suite on Windows server. This is a Linux based type of deployment only at this time.

Hi @Alexandre_Blain
Please refer this luink: Installation walkthrough - Live (Multi node Orchestrator) - YouTube

Multi Node setup in windows and HA addon in Linux machine

Thanks for your reply and on my organization i can not install or make environment on community edition for Kubernetes so what is the solution to install it Automation Suite and to be local not on cloud noting that right now I had the normal installation environment Windows and VMs.

You are mixing 2 things. What you shared is installation of Orchestrator Standalone in a multi node setup in Windows with HA addon on Linux. This is not Automation Suite platform.

Refer to this link for what is Automation Suite : Automation Suite overview (uipath.com)

1 Like

You would need to have some Linux VMs (RedHat required) to install Automation Suite.
Here are the requirements : Automation Suite overview (uipath.com)

According to this link i can work only in automation suite using AWS, GCP and Azure and all of them only cloud so i can only use Automation suite on Prim using community Kubernetes did i understand right ?

That’s not correct, you can install Automation Suite anywhere you want. It can be onprem on local VM, or on physical servers or in VMs in cloud Azure, AWS, GCP.

Check out this link explaining it Automation Suite overview

so did you mean about that (UiPath supports and services everything inside Automation Suite including the Kubernetes infrastructure currently based on Rancher and components.) if i face issues in Kubernetes i can also open ticket to Technical team and they can support or it will out of their scope