Automation in different environments - Windows 7 and 10

Good afternoon folks,

I am at the beginning of this automation journey and I wanted clarification from the most experienced developers.

I’m building an automation flow that opens a virtual terminal in a Windows 10 environment, in the virtual environment I work in an environment that can vary between 7 or 10.

My doubt is:

Can the configuration of the selectors resolve these differences?
Can an automation done to run in a windows 10 environment be performed in one of windows 7? Or in this hypothetical situation, should the flow be doubled to accommodate differences in versions (OS, browser, browser version …)?

Where in the documentation can I understand more about this?

Thank you for any contribution.

1 Like

If the automation are going to be on web applications, then as long as you follow uipath software requirements, then you are going to be fine…

@bcorrea, thanks for your answer, but what do you mean by “uipath software requirements”, I’m sorry, that term got kind of vague.

@bcorrea, Thanks.

See this preview of the solution I’m mounted on.
I’m using visual computing resources to automate a certain process that runs on a website made in flash, I used the strategy of clicking on the IE icon as in the figure:

As I said, when accessing our client’s virtual environment, it is possible that it will fall into a Windows 10, which contains different graphic images. My question goes in this direction, is the simple compliance with requirements and / or selectors possible?

Can dynamic selectors solve this type of thing, or in that case, should automation be done for each environment?

Thanks for listening.

That is kind of self answered question, if you are using image stuff and they are not the same across your environments…

Exactly, thanks for the patience in answering something so obvious, but I think I still lack a little confidence in the content I learned.

2 Likes

@jesse.oliveira,

Question 1: Can the configuration of the selectors resolve these differences?
Well, I recomend creating 2 workflows. 1 for windows 7 and the other for windows 10 then just use an IF to execute the corresponding workflow.
Question 2: Can an automation done to run in a windows 10 environment be performed in one of windows 7? Or in this hypothetical situation, should the flow be doubled to accommodate differences in versions (OS, browser, browser version …)?
I think my previous answer should answer this one.
Where in the documentation can I understand more about this?

1 Like

@rmunro,

Thanks for contribution, very much thanks.

2 Likes

@rmunro,

Good Morning. I had a question. A possible solution to this issue of environments (7 or 10), could be solved with an IF, however it occurred to me “WHERE” I would put this definition. Using ReFramework, would this configuration stay within Init?

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.