Automation Correctly Identifying field, but fails

I have an automation on an older version of UiPath that is not compatible with Studio X, so I am rebuilding the automations. The only issue I have had so far is that the automation correctly identifies the field to type into, but it fails and it unable to type into it. See screenshots below…

Second, I am looking to have the automation post with a log message in the older version… What do I use to do so in Studio X?

Your selector is using an HTML tag as the UI element. You need to drill farther to get to a TEXTAREA or something similar. Go back to indicating the element and move the cursor around and you’ll see how it identifies different areas in and around that text box. You can also open it in UI Explorer and manually drill down in the top left pane, find the actual typable element, right-click it, and make it the target.

Another suggestion, and something I’ve used quite a few times to enter text into a box, is to use the Set to Clipboard activity to put the text into the clipboard, click the element, then send keyboard CTRL+V (don’t indicate the element, leave the keyboard activity properties empty) - I especially use this for funky input elements like this or if there is a lot of text to enter.

Thanks for the note. I have tried the first item and it is no longer an HTML Tag but still is failing.

Any recommendations on being able to post information when running the bot? Similar to how the info piece of the log message used to work?