Application Testing with UiPath Test Suite course - Feedback space

We want to hear your feedback‌.
If you have any ideas, issues or improvement suggestions relating to the Academy‌ Application Testing with UiPath Test Suite course, please feel free to add them in this thread.

Note: The release date of this course is August 25th, 2021.

Hi @RZVP

I am learning to use the UiPath Test Suite product and I have installed the UiPath studio and Assistant 2022.4.Also, I am using the Cloud enterprise license to test the functionality of the UiPath Test Suite.
While following the “UiPath Test Suite” course on the “UiPath Academy” website I realized that the course content is not up to date with the latest Cloud version and therefore I am finding it difficult to reproduce the exercises properly .
So, will there be a new updated course for “UiPath Test Suite”?
If so, when will it be released?

@mhadhbi_houssem targeting November for the new course.

@RZVP Thank you for your Answer.

Hey guys,

I’ve been working through the Test Suite training online and there seems to be a lot of challenges with the Application Testing module. In the db section there’s an access db to download but the tutorial is working through a SQL server example. In the API example the swagger file that is referenced creates an activity set but there are no values to input. These are things that can be worked around but it’s time consuming and going to be pretty difficult for people to get through. I think it just needs a bit of a review and update.

Happy to jump on a call if needed to discuss some of this.
RD

Example

So as a workaround for the API project I downloaded the the API example project. However, I first had to repair both of the Services (Postman and UiBank) and then had to completely remove the test data and re-add it referencing the File → UiBank Data.xlsx file.

For the first exercise - testing the database I am planning on downloading SQL server and mirroring the tables in the exercise.

Hi @richarddenton ,

Thank you for raising these points. They’re all valid and I hope that they didn’t affect your learning experience too much.

There are some new application testing features which were shipped to UiPath Studio and Orchestrator after the release of this course, so we’re targeting to update the entire course later this year. We will work on these items at that point.

Thank you!

1 Like

Another thing I found a bit odd was having to use a JSON schema to create the queue items? This is much harder than creating a normal Orchestrator queue - I’m thinking this could be simplified.

I agree that it’s much easier with a normal queue. I don’t recall why our engineer opted for this, to be honest. I’m writing it down for the revamp.