UiPath Test Suite Course - Feedback Space

We want to hear your feedback‌ .
If you have any ideas, issues or improvement suggestions relating to the Academy‌ UiPath Test Suite course, please feel free to add them in this thread.

Note: The course will be released on May 11th.

2 Likes

I still don’t understand how do we get the Test Manager. The documentation is telling us to execute the UiPathTestManager.msi installer, however, been looking here and there, what I got is nothing.

Hello!

The UiPath Test Manager is available only for enterprise customers at the moment. If your company has such a license, I can point you to my colleagues to get this sorted out.

I am currently using enterprise trial license for 60 days. Is the feature covered by such license? if yes, please help me out to get this done. Thanks @RZVP

Hello! UiPath Test Suite is currently in limited GA. It is not opened for open Enterprise Trials yet. Some of the products are available in Community (StudioPro, Orchestrator), but Test Manager isn’t.

Thanks for the clarification. It is best probably to state it clear somewhere in the documentation

Hi, I wanted to integrate Test Suite with jira but… UiPath Test Manager to Jira Connector as stated in the course is not found on the Atlassian marketplace?

Hi @Robert_Hall,

It seems that the plugin is not yet available. There are some procedures that need to be carried out before it becomes public. Unfortunately I don’t have an ETA, but I can guarantee that it will become available at that exact link.

Best,
Razvan

Hi again @Robert_Hall,

Just received the news that the connector is finally available on the Atlassian Marketplace. You can use the same link as in the course: Atlassian Marketplace

Best!
Razvan

Hi,

I created a ‘Testing’ bot on orchestrator, after I published my testcases into orchestrator, I’m no longer able to edit the testcases… My license is restricting editing…

Is it designed this way? What if user want to edit and change the testcases later on? In Agile, there will be lot of design changes…

Hi @Zoe_1020,

This is a bug that was just signaled to our Engineering team.

“Right now, The community version of Studio Pro will allow you to build Test Cases, and run them locally. As soon as you try to connect your Community studio Pro to Orchestrator Community, and license your bot with a Testing Robot license, Studio Pro will turn into read-only mode.
We are aware of this, and will fix this most likely this weekend.”

I am sorry for the inconvenience!
Razvan

I see, thanks for your clarification!

Also, in Test suite - Insider Review Demo, the example testcases is divided into 3 sections: Given, When, Then.
Let’s say I used ‘open browser’ activity in Given section to open my web app, do I need to use ‘attach browser’ activity in When, and Then section to verify elements and close browser? In the training video I don’t see any attached browser activity is being used to interact with UiBank… in ‘When’ section

Thanks

Given-When-Then is just a recommended structure for the RPA Test Cases, it is not mandatory.

Given is typically used to define the context of the test case, like the input data. When is typically used for what is being actually tested. This can be done through a workflow invoked. So basically, you can create the entire project in another workflow and just drag and drop it in the When section. Or you can put all the steps of your automation in the When block. Both should work in the case described.

Hope this helps!
Razvan

2 Likes

In orchestrator, when we run a set of test ‘Smoke Test’, is there anyway we can set up the order of the testcases to be executed? Foe example, my 3rd testcase depends on the result of 1st and 2nd testcase

Thanks you again

That is a good question. @ThomasStocker, can you help with this?

Hi @Zoe_1020,

The test cases are being executed in a random order and this is on purpose. Creating executions that have dependencies from one Test case to another is a common “Bad practice” in Test Automation and we did not want to encourage that.

Best,
Razvan

Thanks for your response. Dependency test is very important in automated testing and I don’t consider it as a bad practice.
There will be scenarios that :
testcase 1: user create and submit a 5-6 paged claim
testcase 2: user re-open the submitted claim and resubmit
testcase 3: user delete the claim

Each testcase is clearly testing different functionality, so there is no need to create separate claim every time.

I test on stage environment and there is limited data for me to use everyday to create claims. So dependency test is very important and I will need to skip test 2 and 3 once testcase 1 is failed.

I truly hope you guys could gather feedback from public and have this feature available anytime soon.

Thanks again

Thanks @Zoe_1020. Of course we want to gather as much feedback. I am inviting @Christian_Mayer here to consider this and answer.

Best,
Razvan

1 Like

Thx @Zoe_1020 or your feedback. We acknowledge the scenario presented.
I would suggest to incorporate those 3 scenarios in one single testcase, as we allow you to do several verifications in one TC.
For the future we might consider a functionality to account those dependencies.

1 Like

hi @RZVP as per my implementation of ROBOT Framework so we need test execution reports
for showing the result of the client or anyone on the team so my question is related to also testing report and 2nd question is for activity in uipath we have to invoke the workflow right but if you see in bigger picture suppose the application is based on Financial domain
1 we have created PO docs (Purchase order doc }
we have to do so many activities for particular records show my point if create PO_POM FILE MEAN WORKFLOW OK NOW POM FILE MEANS WHATEVER ACTIVITY PO DOCS DOING WE CAN ACCESS THEM BUT IN UIPATH WE CANT USE SMALL ACTIVITY TO INVOKE. IF THE PROJECT IS BIG WE CANT CREATE SO MANY WORKFLOWS FOR SINGLE DOCS BECAUSE IN FIN WE HAVE SO MANY DOCS.