Appending data into Data table

Hey,

Check the attached file.

BOT is appending the new data table to existing excel file . Here for demo I had used a sequence , but you can use a loop and add any number of rows to DataTable.DemoProcess.zip (10.0 KB)

Let me know in case of any question.

Regards,
Sahil

Hi @Sahil_Garg1 ,

I have a few doubts,

Firstly for the append range activity to work i need to have the excel file created before hand with the headers filled out atleast or will a blank file will suffice.

And could you also explain how will the add data row activity will work inside the loop maybe a screen shot of somekind i am quite new to this tool.

Thanks

But your query is , BOT will run daily so you might storing the new data daily in some file .

Is i am right ?

Yeah that’s true the but for the first time when the bot runs the process the excel sheet can be empty, so that’s why i asked whether it needs to have atleast the Headers in the file before the first run.
And also i think for my second doubt i can just add 2 more add data row activity right?

Hi,

Check the updated file, in this one i had used a do while loop ( you can use any loop), and for demo purpose loop will run 3 times.
DemoProcess.zip (10.5 KB)

For the first time if file is not present, use write range , after then you can use append range.

Let me know in case of any question.

Regards,
Sahil

Why doesn’t the Geneate Data table have check box to Append? seems pretty simple.
In python its simple and effecitve… And free!

Seems like everthing I do in UIpath is 10X longer than python…

Hello @Dan_Nealon ,

Generate Datatable activity Generates a DataTable variable from structured text. This is very effective if you need to convert a huge list of structured text to a table format.

Expecially for freshers and who doesn’t have coding language can use this activity easily.