API call return 403 error

Hi Team,
I was trying to do api call to the orchestrator, It was working, but when I did the same in different machine I am getting 403 error, any idea how it can resolved

Hi @Riyas_Ibrahim
Welcome to the UiPath Community!

Error Code 403 is a standard HTTP status code indicating that access to the requested resource is forbidden.

Based on the information you’ve given, I think this is not a UiPath issue but configuration-related. Here are a couple of things to consider and/or verify:

1. The server receiving the API call may recognise your machine 1 but not recognise machine 2.
  2. Otherwise, if there are any authentication parameters being sent in the request, make sure they are identical or appropriately modified to reflect which user/machine is sending them.
  3. Read the error log into more detail to see if it has any specific information on which resource or which step caused this issue.

If you share some of this information on the forum, the community may be able to help you better.

Cheers.

I think I am facing with issue 1, How do I make the server(UiPath Orchestrator) recognize my machine

Do you have control over the API configuration?
Also, is it possible to share more information about the HTTP request (feel free to redact sensitive data)

No, I don’t have any control. I don’t think any useful information was present in the error. It was just saying 403 error

I may be at a loss here, because as far as I know, the API configuration is different for every API server/service and without specific information, it’s hard to comment why this may be happening (more than the generic answer I gave earlier).

Also, if you don’t have control over the API config, it may be that at the start of your project, you may have requested authentication for the user for machine 1?
You could speak to the API owner team/organisation to replicate same access for both machines and/or provide necessary authorisation to do so.

Machine1 for which this is working is Windows. And Machine2 is linux for which I am getting 403 error. Any error specific to os?

Hi @Riyas_Ibrahim
Have you checked the API Guide available here:

The link on this page takes you to a detailed guide with examples of the API calls.
Hopefully, by comparing the request body/parameters you can find what’s missing or causing the issue.

@ppr @Yoichi @loginerror @Palaniyappan
Hey folks, calling the big guns for this one :gun: :slight_smile:

1 Like

for a next general check round

which Endpoint? Which Orchestrator (onPrem, …?)

how was it done in detail? Same Account?

Check Ensure also followings:

I am using same account. I don’t remember how I added ssl certificates before.
Can you please tell how to generate the certificate and how to add in general.

All api’s in cloud.uipath.com was return IOExpection: 403