Announcement - Demo Apps launch for improving Apps developer experience

ANNOUNCEMENT

Hi everyone,

We’ve heard your feedback loud and clear – you wanted more accessible demos and a smoother learning curve for UiPath Apps. We’re thrilled to announce that the Engineering and Documentation teams have been hard at work , and we’re excited to unveil some fantastic new resources as our Project “Show Don’t Tell” goes liveIntroducing a Demo Apps Library for making developer’s life easier

• 11 Demo apps, Publicly Available: We’ve created a set of 11 demo apps showcasing our creativity and showcasing detail use of our controls and some of the most sought-after use cases for developers and implementation partners. These demos are all hosted public apps ( plain documentation is boring , so we used our own Apps to show our capabilities), hosted for you to try out firsthand! These include demos for Custom HTML, Textbox, Binding Media to Image control, working with complex controls like Edit Grid and Data Table etc . This is just the beginning, more demos to come

• Source Code Included: Want to see how the demos tick? Each demo comes with its source code demo app hosted in UiPath Github link, allowing you to delve deeper and understand the implementation details. Import them and try them at your end

• Assistance Instructions : Some demos need a little bit of configuration, so we added the same in the respective documentation

• Continuously Growing Library: This is just the beginning! The team is committed to adding more demos with each release, so stay tuned for an even richer library.

Enhanced Documentation for a Clearer Picture:

• Individual Component Pages: We’ve meticulously updated respective control’s documentation page, ensuring you have all the information you need right at your fingertips.

• Master Demo Page: Navigating the demos just got easier. We’ve created a central master page where you can find all the demos conveniently listed in one place.

Link here Master demos

Your Feedback Matters!
Let us know what you think of the new demos and documentation. What other demos would you like to see in the future? Share your feedback, and the team will prioritize the most requested ones for the next development cycle.We’re confident these new resources will significantly enhance your development journey. Dive into the demos, explore the documentation, and don’t hesitate to share your thoughts!For more details refer to
ReleseNotes

3 Likes

This will help all new beginner on apps and it will be a quick start for developers.

1 Like

Amazing for starters and explorers as well. Thank you team and keep adding more :partying_face:

Thanks,
Ashok :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @udit.chandna ,

These are some incredible usecases!

I have a question - what can we(devs) do to improve/increase performance?
The rendering period can be quite lengthy especially with Apps. I’ve noticed similar performance issues with Form Tasks.

I’m assuming that the performance issues are from the browser side and that there isn’t much UiPath can do(“assuming” being the keyword here) but I’d like to highlight this because as we go on adding components to an App/Form, the performance goes takes a nosedive.

Your thoughts would be appreciated here, thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,
Ashwin A.K

@ashwin.ashok ,

what is size of your apps and page? Can you give a slight idea?

Awesome demo apps library helping developers smooth way of working :sunglasses:

1 Like

@ashwin.ashok

Following are the Performance Best Practices for Apps

Awesome demo apps and thanks for sharing

1 Like

Does this mean i can stop making youtube videos on Apps then? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Please keep creating awesome videos

The demo apps are beginner oriented and have very specific purpose

1 Like

Thank you! I wished more people would subscribe to them.