AI Challenge - Extract structured documents using Forms AI
Use Case Description
What is Forms AI and when should you use it?
• Forms AI is part of the Document Understanding Service and can be used for uploading and processing structured forms with standard layouts and fields. Forms AI can be a great machine learning model to use if you must train and label structured documents with one format.
How is Forms AI different from Forms Extractor?
The versatility of a Forms AI model, triumphs limitations for the traditional Forms extractor. Here are some points to consider using Forms AI if your document types contain the following:
• Your documents come in various formats (native, scanned, skewed, rotated, different page sizes)
• documents are not only skewed, rotated, or come in different sizes, but also manifest “warping” (curving in certain areas)
• You want a continuous improvement model which you can train and improve over time.
• You notice variability in your structured documents (non-variable content appears more to the left / right / top / bottom for certain areas of the document)
The to be workflow defines the methods you can extract any structured document type through the document understanding service.
AS-IS WORKFLOW, TO-BE WORKFLOW
Other information about the use case
Industry categories for this use case: Finance, Information Technology and Services, Operations, Banking
Skill level required: Beginners
UiPath Products that were used: UiPath Studio, UiPath AI Center, UiPath Document Understanding
Other applications that were used: -
Other resources: https://docs.uipath.com/document-understanding/docs/forms-ai
What is the top ROI driver for this use case?: Minimize risk and ensure compliance in operations