Add log field

Hi All,

Could anyone explain about add log field activity.Please don’t direct me to the activities guide.

Regards,
Rahul

3 Likes

Log field basically allows you to write whatever you want into the UiPath Robot Log (pretty sure this is in a text file and also in Windows Event Logs and if you have an Orchestrator it is rolled up to there also).

When you drop it in you set a level that the log entry is. When you connect a robot to an orchestrator, you choose what level the robot pushes up to the orchestrator.

Using is quite easy. It takes a string, so you can just use " " to put some text in.

Anything specific confusing you?

2 Likes

I think his looking for “Add Log Field” Activity.
You have explained about “Log Message” Activity.
oops… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oops! Well I haven’t used that, so maybe I’ll learn something when it gets explained :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @badita

Any help we may get here?

Regards,
Rahul

I use it to add extra fields to the exisiting logs, which will Suffix to the existing log pattern.

exception”:“UiPath.Core.SelectorNotFoundException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: \r\n at UiPath.UiNodeClass.FindFirst(UiFindScope scope, String nodeID)\r\n at UiPath.Core.UiElement.FindFirst(FindScope scope, Selector selector)\r\n — End of inner exception stack trace —\r\n at UiPath.Core.Activities.TaskAsyncCodeActivity`1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)\r\n at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)\r\n at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)”,“timestamp”:“05/30/2017 15:25:26”,“activity”:“Selector Click”,“machine”:“XXXXXX”}

8 Likes

Can you provide one demo project for this. i have tried , its not taking the arguments which i declared.

would you please provide example.

[Image removed by sender.]

Chandhttps://forum.uipath.com/u/chand
July 10

would you please provide example.

logsSample.xaml (5.27 KB)

9 Likes

thanks, i got it how it works :slight_smile:

ok got it.

Hi All
Did not find a better thread than this to post my question. So, After We add fields to the log message. We can see the fields in the log but when I export it to csv, i can not find those fields. Is there anything we should do to get those fields in CSV?
T.I.A

In my experience the new log fields you create will not appear in the Studio logs ie. “Output” panel, but rather the execution logs. I don’t know of any option to export the execution logs to CSV. To view the log fields you’ve created in the execution logs you can click on the “DEBUG” tab and then click “Open Logs”. This will open the folder which contains the execution logs.