Activate window

Hi, any one can help me how to activate windows dynamically.

1 Like

Can you explain in details what you would like to achieve?

If you use an ‘Attach Window’ and place your associated activities for that window within it then whenever the execution reaches this point, it would always go to this window and performs the operation that you may have added for that window, even it the window is not the currently active window.

However if you would like to get the current active window on the screen, then i think you can use ‘Get Active Window’ activity.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

@Rammohan91 Could you please let me know what should I pass in that window variable?

@Arindam Can you elaborate, what are you trying to achieve?

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

Hi,

I want to keep one running application on server in focus always before starting the process. Actually what happens, when the application is activated then the automation works fine but when the application in the screen does not remain activated the automation did not start. Can I use attach window to solve this?actually I am not getting any videos on that.I did not understand what are the inputs i need to pass also.

If I use show window then also please let me know what should I pass in Window input?

I am not sure if i understand it properly, but if your selector is proper it should not be a problem. Workflow should work on the application even if its not activated. Basically if you use an ‘Attach Window’ and place all your operation associated with that window within that ‘Attach Window’ container, it should work perfectly.

To answer your question, if you would like to activate a window before your operation starts then you may be looking for ‘Activate’ activity which when indicated with a specified window, activate that particular window.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

1 Like