Accessing iFrame elements chrome

Hi

This problem is related just to Chrome (IE is working). I am trying to fill three textbox that are inside an iframe dynamically loaded when I click a link in his parent webpage. The problem is that the Ui Inspector is unable to inspect inside the iFrame node, so the selector that is offering is this:

webctrl tag=‘IFRAME’

The selector refers to the container, not to the inside html. I was able to write with the Type Into activity, mixed with tab key, but I was wondering if there is a way to add something to the selector so I can access the inner html element directly, and not depend on the position of the fields.

Thank you

2 Likes

Have you installed the UiPath plugin for Chrome?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s installed…

I’m facing the same problem. Any update?

Does UiExplorer not give you any further options?

In Chrome the UiExplorer doesn’t recognizes any elements inside an iframe. This is a major problem for all of us using web automation and being unable to use IE. For example, my clients use Google products (Like Google Ads, Gogle Analytics, Google Tag Manager) and these platforms don’t work in IE.
I am doing “Click OCR Text” activities or I use “Citrix automation recording” for solving simple clicks. This solution increases the time per tasks with 10, 15 and even 50 seconds (for a click) due to timeout on OCR…

Looking forward to a solution to this iFrame situation :slight_smile:

Any solution found for Iframe apart from keyoard automation

Hi @crimaru,

Have you tried to run js scripts? There is an acvitity for it in UiPath. It could be a solution.

1 Like

I face the similar issue where I am working in React JS and it looks similar to the iFrame screen. Facing difficulty in the UI action while building the workflow. Currently I am using the Click OCR activity and still it doesn’t suit for many elements. Please explain do we need to use Inject Js Script activity for every element that I need to work? Thanks in advance.

@uipath

looking forward for the Solution From Uipath

Hi @Lokesh_Thathuru1

Could you let us know what version of Studio are you using together with the version of your UiAutomation activity package? Any chance you could either share the problematic website url or try on the latest community edition with the UiAutomation activity package 19.3.0?

Hi

I’m using the uipath 18.3

And the uiautomation package is 19.2

Could you please try with the UiAutomation activity package 19.3.0?

I am using 19.3 package…
and my problem is i have select inside iframe and major issue is iframe is dynamic. When I records the the select action it records the iframe current name but when i try to execute after closing browser, select is searching for old iframe name.

Is there any solution to solve this problem?

Could be a nice new Challange :slight_smile:
Is there an URL available where we can try this?

Hi sir

You can try putting * in the webctrl id

This help to me to solve the problem.

@uipath

I am unable to extract data from iframe element.when i select element for get text it select whole iframe element and not getting any data.

Is there any way to switch parent frame to iframe element just like we do in selenium and then we will able fetch data.
please look into this issue and provide solution or alternative solution for getting data from iframe element.

Thanks in advance

Try to get the element from Internet Explorer and Edit Selector (With app=‘chrome.exe’ )"<html app=‘chrome.exe’ and then try to higlight

Thank you.
It work now. you save my day.

Kind of a late reply, but you should be able to send keyboard shortcuts to the iframe element. So “Select all” and “Copy”, then get the text from the clipboard. This might help some of you who didn’t think of it.