As automations became more engrained in a company’s day to day operations, we received more and more signs from our customers about the need to properly govern and manage their flows, to set up rules and frameworks in which all the people contributing to the automation process can safely develop and publish their work.
Where 3 years ago we had 2-3 people in one department developing in Studio, we now have hundreds of RPA developers and Citizen Developer working with Studio, StudioX, and Studio Pro, and publishing their work to Orchestrator and the Cloud.
A first attempt to govern these flows was our release of the Workflow Manager in the Studio family, that offered the ability to implement rules for people developing in the IDE. As our feedback from customers expanded, and more people started to work with these new features, we began thinking of a more complex feature set and a better interface for all these needs.
We are now happy to announce the launch of UiPath Automation Ops, our new product designed to help you better govern your automation deployments.
UiPath Automation Ops is a development operations tool with centralized governance capabilities that enables cloud administrators to define and deploy governance policies to organization employees. This helps create a safer environment, improves efficiency, and speeds up onboarding by allowing users to easily adopt their company’s best practices.
This feature is enabled in Preview for all our Community customers. To start using it, please follow the steps below.
- Log into your Automation Cloud account on https://cloud.uipath.com (or, if you don’t have one, register here)
- Navigate to Admin > Automation Ops
- Check the Documentation guide - Introduction
For Enterprise customers this feature is hidden by default. To enable it, please access our Insider Preview Progam where we would be happy to receive your feedback on new features and products. You can find out more about this program by contacting the Insider team at Insider@UiPath.com
- UiPath Automation Ops currently supports 20.10.3+ versions of Studio, StudioX, and Studio Pro
- Automation Ops is available to all Community Edition customers, and visible to the organization admins
- We look forward to suggestions from our Community users on our forum. Just create a New Topic under UiPath Automation Ops
- If you are an enterprise customer testing this as part of the Insider Preview Program please share your issues and suggestions on the Insider Portal.
- For general questions about the Insider Program, please contact the Insider team at Insider@UiPath.com