While trying to connect Robots to Orchestrator, below error message from Event Viewer logs" System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (10060): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond" .
Scenario: Robots deployed on AWS or any other cloud provider; the Robots and Orchestrator on different VPC and a routing communication issue prevent ACK packages from being received.
When trying to connect the Robots from Assistant the below error message is received,
Event Viewer Logs: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (10060): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
Using Wireshark it is possible to see Robot machine sending two SYN packets to Orchestrator but the ACK packet was never received.
- Verify if the user is logged in to the Robot machine by typing whoami on Windows cmd
- Type ipconfig to obtain IP address of the system running as the Robot machine
- Request user to provide Orchestrator IP address
- Install Wireshark on Robot machine
- When opening Wireshark in order to start capturing traffic in most of the cases select the network interface where more network activity generated is observed, for example.
- Click on the blue icon at the top left hand corner to start capturing traffic
- Request user to replicate the issue
- After obtaining the error message, stop the Wireshark capture and request user to share it
- If the capture shows something similar to what has been shown on screenshot above, this is more than likely a network issue, user will need to investigate with their team.
- Also, read more on Windows Sockets Error Codes .