Losing Connection/Heartbeat after some time

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with losing connection after some time of not using production machine, where robot is supposed to run. I will try to describe what happened and what we were trying to do:

1. After robot machine restart or long inactivity Orchestrator is not detecting the machine. Triggered job is all the time in a pending state. When you log in manually to the same machine, Orchestrator automatically starts to detect the machine and it is possible to run automations.
  2. We’ve checked services properties and changed Startup Type from Automatic (Delayed)Automatic.
  3. Now, after restart Orchestrator is detecting robot machine, triggers are working, jobs are running (it happened at 2pm).
  4. We have set a trigger at 12:40 PM next day (there were no processes running since last day) and Orchestrator Administrator noticed, that machine is not visible in a Orchestrator and the job is still in a pending state. After maually logging to this machine job again can run correctly.

Logs from event viewer, which are repeatedly displayed - I can post more detailed if neccessary:

UiPath.Service.Host 22.10.4.0 
submitHeartbeat: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Could not obtain access token. (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. ({OrchestratorAddress})
---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. ({OrchestratorAddress})
---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (10060): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

My question is what else could we check/set, so the machine will be responsive even after few days of not running bots?

Thank you! :wave:

1 Like

Dear @stary

I am facing the same issue with my unattended machine. Did you find a solution to your problem yet?

Thanks and best regards

1 Like

Hey, at this moment reinstallation solved my issue.

1 Like

Hi! In my case, I actually needed to allow UiPath in a firewall to make it work.

Best regards
Malte

1 Like