360 Degree Enterprise Automation - Everest Group Report

Hi, guys! I don’t even know if I am posting in the right place… I am reading the Everest group report 2020 about UiPath : “360 Degree Enterprise Automation” and I have two questions and can’t find answers… Maybe you could help…

1. On Page 43 there are “Levels”. Level 1 and Level 2. I don’t understand what levels they mean… I can’t seem to find any info, i googled it…
  2. Also they are talking about L1, L2, L3 queries… What does L1, L2, L3 level queries mean?

Hi @KotaroKo,

These Levels are referencing the support engineer’s knowledge and ability to troubleshoot an issue.

As a high level, an L1 support engineer generally can intake an issue, lookup the issue in some sort of knowledge base or history of past case resolutions, and provide an answer. Anything that is outside of that scope is escalated to L2. L1 engineers handle basic requests, such as intake of any case, resetting a password, unblocking a use profile, looking up a value such as a license key, expiration date, etc., and misc other basic tasks.
An L2 support engineer generally can connect to systems, perform basic (sometimes intermediate) queries, knowledge of the inner workings of some systems from a high level, and can provide a more advanced level of support from an L1 engineer. L2 engineers handle the escalations from L1 engineers, such as running advanced database queries, troubleshooting applications and systems performance, fixing invalid records in a database table, contacting third parties for additional support, and other misc advanced tasks. Anything that falls outside of the L2 engineer’s ability to resolve is escalated to an L3 engineer.
An L3 support engineer generally works hand in hand with the development team to understand the inner workings of processes, programs, and systems. They also assist with maintaining environments and sometimes implement software or patches for the company supported environment. These engineers would be considered the last line of support (unless there is an L4 or L5) and any escalations beyond their abilities would involve bringing in the vendor, developer, or other associated party that owns the component being investigated.

Thanks