1 Performer with 2 Queues

Hi,

We currently have a process with queue1 which does the following steps
A - B - C - D.

We have another queue, called queue2, where Bot supposed to perform the steps
A - B.

So, we though it’s better if we just pull the items from queue2 to process in the same performer instead of creating a new one, where we can close the item after the step B.

Currently the performer has been configured to work with queue1, what’s the best way I can configure this to work with the other queue (queue2) also?

I would just use 1 queue, and pass parameters to the queueitems that are validated in your performer to execute C/D yes/no. Somehow you need that vaidation anyways if you’re using the same performer, 1 queue or 2.

If you really need 2 queues for other reasons, and want a single performer, you can do 2 sequential get transaction items in a row, with the second one nested in an if condition.

So:
get transactionitem Queue 1
if transactionitem is nothing → get transactionitem Queue 2
if transactionitem is nothing → end process.

Hi @Jeroen_van_Loon

I do need 2 queues because, the priority and frequency of items are different in both the queues.

Queue1 will have approximately 2000 items per month and Queue2 will have around 300.

So, I need to make sure both of them are processed without 1 falling behind.

I thought to make the queue as a variable and pass that into the trigger. (If the process is run without a trigger, then the default queue will run). But I was not sure if this is the best solution.

Let me know your opinion on the above solution, if that is fine or can be done in a different way.

That is possible too of course. That would mean that on a single process run, you only look at one of the queues, and manage the difference in workload based on different triggers with different queues as parameters.

Yeah that would work well.

The way I read your initial query was that you’d want to access both queues in the same job.